View Single Post
Old 09-09-2010, 06:27 PM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb

Well, Jo, only you can decide because it is your "vision".

If your piece is small, I'd not do anything.

If larger, it might accommodate a small modification.

I use a technique called "fresh eyes" and I think you are doing this already. Look at it once a day or so. Too much and you then get familiar with it (some people call this "falling in love" with the image). Once you are cathected to it, decisions become more difficult. Sometimes a time of not looking at the work, and then re-experiencing it, will provide an answer.

In general, smaller works can be left alone, when you use intense color. The color therefore carries the piece. But for larger works, over 16x20... other design devices sometimes are needed.

Color is very emotional, so when you use it as you do, beware of inserting "intellectual" content. I've noticed your other pieces were like this too. So using color as the design elements might be the best way to go.

If I were going to do anything with a piece like this, I'd just change the clouds a little to reduce the repetition. Clouds in nature do not have common identical repetitions. Maybe tiny birds in the far distance because those would be natural. But in the end it is your decision on what to do. You chose this format because of something inside YOU, so go with that.

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Jomar (09-09-2010)