Thread: Sleep Issues
View Single Post
Old 09-10-2010, 12:01 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Alison,
I had to chuckle when I read your posting about not sleeping because I've been fighting trying to sleep the last several months to a year. I was getting by on only 2-3 hours a night and my pain increased too. Over the years, I have tried everything to help me sleep and nothing worked...some of them even made me stay awake more at night. It was awful and I was about to scream. So, I got rid of them all and I only take 2 Melatonin at 3 mg each and my newest thing that actually has been the only thing to work is Tylenol PM. I get the generic one and it works great. It says to take 2 capsules (get capsules instead of tablets so you can break them if needed). I have never needed to take 2 capsules and only take one capsule about two hours before bedtime and I have been sleeping now for three weeks straight!!! A miracle for me. I tried all (Ambien, Lunesta, Seroquel, etc...) and nothing worked. THe other night I took my Generic Tylenol PM and my sinuses were stuffy so I took about 2/4 Generic Benadryl (as someone already mentioned to you). I slept 12 hours straight (with only getting up at 6 am to take dog out) and I went right back to sleep. It was the greatest feeling ever to sleep. You can even start taking a half tablet to see if that works for you since you have to get up early for your tutor. I sometimes feel a bit groggy but not bad and in a few hours it is gone and I feel so much better when I sleep. My pain is alot lower. The Tylenol in the caplet helps with the pain too and allows me to stay asleep. I also wear Fentanyl pain patch all the time and take Wellbutrin at bedtime too. It is so important for people without any illnesses to sleep and it is even more important for us RSDers to get rest so we can fight the dragon during the day. Take care and I hope it works for you. Oh, another thing I was doing for awhile was putting on a calming cd and letting it run out but it has to be a quiet one or when it turns off that might wake you. Best of luck,
kathy d
kathy d is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ali12 (09-11-2010), loretta (09-10-2010)