View Single Post
Old 09-10-2010, 04:15 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi Royrand ~ I totally relate because I was first prescribed Xanax for panic attacks, and my doc kept refilling the prescription as she saw how anxious i was and how nervous. i've always been that way. so i continued takiing it, and like you if i was having a bad day, or something happened that upset me, i'd pop a pill. well, i became addicted to it, like i suspect you have. i didn't want to admit it tho. who wants to admit that they're addicted to something? i sure didn't want to. but i had to because xanax is a very DANGEROUS DRUG.

so i broke down and told my doctor that i had become addicted to it. afterall, she had prescribed it! but it wasn't her fault - i abused it. so i asked her how to get off it because you CANNOT JUST STOP IT. it's very dangerous to just quit cold-turkey. you could die. you have to wean off very slowly and your doctor should help you.

ask your doctor for a weaning schedule. this should be done under the doctor's supervision or you could go into seizures or die if you go too fast. so get a schedule and get off it. this is no way to live, believe me. god bless and take care. hugs, lee

ps - if you want to talk, let me know.
recovering alcoholic, sober since 7-29-93;severe depression; 2 open spinal surgeries; severe sciatica since 1986; epidurals; trigger points; myelograms; Rhizotomy; Racz procedure; spinal cord stimulator implant (and later removal); morphine pump trial (didn't work);now inoperable; lumpectomy; radiation; breast cancer survivor; heart attack; fibromyalgia; on disability.

Often the test of courage is not to die, but to live..
.................................................. ...............Orestes
"Thanks for this!" says:
tamiloo (01-22-2011)