View Single Post
Old 02-11-2007, 01:02 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mari View Post
What songs did you put on the CD?

Mari

Hi Mari. My first mix is MP3 Hard Core. Slip Knot, Cradle of Filth, Nine Inch Nails, Deftones, Disturbed, Rob Zombie (and some White Zombie), Korn. Hundreds more actually. Bless MP3 technology. I got turned on to some wild stuff this fall. My husbands work crew gave us tickets to Gears Of War for our wedding present. 8 bands of completely earblowing hard core. Of course my hubby went for Megadeath, but there was a band called Opeth. OM Heck. So eclectic. Lamb of God blew the roof off. And I have never seen a mosh pit so polite. Not one single fight. And there were so many different gangs in the pit, I was truly suprised. I have never been in a pit that I didn't have to sock somebody.

Any way.

My next one is going to be softer; Depeche Mode, Tori Amos, Bronski Beat, Ella Fitzgerald, Shubert (sp) maybe a little Holtz but he gets kinda intense. More than likely lots of Radio Head.

I have a thing for music. Can you tell?

Music is my outlet. If I am raging, I will find some music that I can crank and let them scream for me. If I am calm, I will turn on some classical or spanish guitar and dance around the house.

I miss dancing. I keep telling myself I should find a studio and just start again. But then life gets in the way and I just dream about it. Every peice of music that I hear gets translated into movement in my head, and I have choriographed hundreds of dances in my head. I was in a modern dance company from the age of 2 until I was 16. I quit for the theatre. I was going to be an actress you see.

Oh, I think the depression is lifting and I am feeling a tad bit more manic. Heh. Maybe that's why I ended up with fibro. I am physically so tired that I can't get into too much trouble in the manic stage. sigh.

Looking for that gift in the midst of the maddness.