10 yr Member
Default Sending good thoughts

[QUOTE=Mark56;692824]
Tiny steps at a time.
Thank you for writing Lily,
Prayerfully,
Mark56[/thoughts

sending you good thoughts and wishes last nerve

I had my trial implant yesterday for ON pain. it is going well so far. When I told hubby this last night, it made me just sob. he thought something was wrong. I told him no, I was fine. I am just so scared to say it is better because it has been a roller coaster ride for kore than 2 hrs. it is just so very emotional to think that it may be getting better.
I have had my stim on since I woke up and it actually feels good. I have played with programs a little bit. I am too frightened to try to turn it off for fear all the pain will come back. it does not take away all my pain, but is really helping. it has probably cut at least 60% so I am very hopeful I can get more pain relief as I learn the system.
the stim is for my occipital pain. I am still having pain from my trigeminal v2. I had 2 mvd to correct a compression of trigeminal, last one in Feb. then in May, I got a tooth abcess where my tn was. they fixed the abcess, but my tn pain has reemerged from the dental work. it is so depressing. the dr are hoping it will calm down within a few months and don't seem to want to try anything for it yet. I did talk to them about adding a lead for the v2 also. it can be done, but they seemed more concerned with fixing my on pain right now. I am hoping they are right that it will calm down. they said it was to soon to try anything for it yet. wish they could because I hate the thought of having to do this again in a few months.
I am so very happy at the moment that the stim seems so very positive for my occipital.
I am surprised that my I caisson stings as much as it does. I thought I really wouldn't feel it, especially after the other 3 surgeries I have had that were so much more serious. I am thinking that maybe the lead sticking out of incision is making it feel raw and sore. I am assuming that it does move and rub the vision site when I move. it makes me not want to be too active. I guess this is a good thing.
easygoing
easygoing is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Burntmarshmallow (09-10-2010), Mark56 (09-10-2010)