View Single Post
Old 09-10-2010, 06:43 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raglet View Post
It could be a circulation problem - if it is Reynauds, you would be getting discolouration of your hands (red, white, purple, blue). Some people just have naturally cold hands with no underlying pathology. I have reynauds, but it is part of my lupus, not my PN.

hth

raglet
For the first time in my life, I am now saddled with "cold hands", and feet. My wife is having fits, as it was always my "job" to warm her feet, not hers to warm mine. Now she knows how I've felt all those years when she "planted" her cold feet on the back of my legs. Sheesh!! No, really, it sucks. I'm pretty sure it's circulation though, cause my cardiologist says both my theighs are pretty much stopped up as far as blood flow. I keep waiting for him to suggest bypass surgery, but so far he hasn't. Seems my veins have developed some bypass of their own, which are feeding my feet. So far, the hands are still warm, thank God. But, they are getting stiffer and stiffer in the mornings. The IgM condition has lessened quite a bit, down from a high last year of 7,900, to 3,150 last month.
The hematologist has just this week told me that he is stopping the steroids, and chemo this month, and will just administer the Rituxan "as needed". We'll see how that works. I surely hope that he can drive the IgMs back down into the 300 to 400 range where they belong. We'll see.
Thoughts, and prayers for all PN sufferers.
Gyrene is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote