Thread: new to pain
View Single Post
Old 09-10-2010, 10:27 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by liz seager View Post
hi im new to this sensation of pain in my face. at this stage it is manageble heat packs help. i have looked all over the net for information but i prefer first hand knowledge. my pain started after root canal work. any advice would be helpful.
hi Liz,

hope you are doing okay and your pain is staying under control. how did you get diagnosed with TN? have you seen a neurologist and has have they prescribed any medications?

heat has always made my pain better and at least eased it somewhat. you will find that Tn is a very individual disease and seems to be a little different in symptoms for all of us and seems to be ever changing. the medications also seem to be very individual. what seems to work for pen of , does not work for the next. what may work for you for weeks, months or years may stop working.
then there are some of us who seem to have the god fortune to have only occasional bouts and take meds for a short time.
the best advice I can give you is to learn all you can, see a neurologist, get a second opinion from another neurologist and ask as many questions as you need.
hope your day is a happy one
Easygoing
easygoing is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Burntmarshmallow (09-10-2010)