View Single Post
Old 09-10-2010, 01:10 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Unhappy Help!! Do I get a second opinion?

I have posted on here before about pain after my ACDF that I had done in March of this year. My problem, I am getting the pain back in my shoulders, my arm still stiffens up and my hand and 2 fingers are still numb. It seems that after the surgery now almost 6 months later I am starting to get some of the old symptoms back along with the ones that didn't go away. Due to this I looked at my MRI results and the notes from the doctor that did my surgery. I knew that further surgery might be possible but it seems like it may be sooner than later.

MRI was done 3/2/10:

C2-3: slightly diminished in height (ok not so bad here, wasn't told about this one)
C3-4: small central disc protrusion causing some indentation upon the subarachnoid compartment (wasn't told about this one)
C4-5: same as above (was told about this one)
C5-6: herniated disc with the nucleus pulpous compressing the spinal cord (this is the one I knew about)
C6-7: rightward bulge results in some effacement of the ventral subarachnoid campartment (knew about this one)

The doctor only told me about C4-5, 5-6 and 6-7 not the other ones. Then had to have a test done (EMG) and they results on them showed possible problems with C7-8 along with the C6-7 as above.

This is a workers compensation case. My lawyer, when I asked to get a second opinion because of the ongoing pain, etc. told me that wc doesn't like when you do that and that I should try to stick it out. That was before I looked at the MRI results. I am not saying it's really bad but holy crap how much can someone take! Please help I am scared to death and have tried finding a good spine doctor in my area (CT) which is not working.
first_timer is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote