View Single Post
Old 09-10-2010, 05:23 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Tom,

I don't post often, I am what is called a "lurker". I accidentally came across this forum and although I have MS and orginally checked out those forums, I have found the "SOS" to be my cyberfamily. I have not been officially diagnosed as having secondary progressive ms. I know that having it "officially" named in my records may affect how my insurance may cover my medications. Although I have significant weakness in my left leg and recently spasticity and have used a cane for years and a scoother for long distances, one of my main problems has been severe pain. I am on 900mg of lyrica, 120mg of cymbalta, 50mg of elavil a day. The pain never really makes it go away, but I can function. I won't go in detail about what function is in my world. I can do that in a another post if you want me to. I also take oxycodone for breakthrough pain which for me is pain so bad I can't do anything. I do smoke marijuana. It does help. I went to a pain management clinic. That's who prescribed the oxycodone. I use to take vicodin, but that didn't help. I have heard nucynta is good for pain. Haven't tried it yet. Would have to go back to the pain clinic-another doctor. The pain clinic also would want me to go monthly to monitor my meds. So far I haven't been back since I got a 90 day script for the oxycodone. They also suggested a neurostimulator which is implanted in your spine. It lasts for 5 years and then you have to get a new battery implanted. They can do a trial to see if it would work. Just thought I'd put my two cents worth in. I have been lurking and following your posts.

I'm glad you joined our family.

Doxie
doxiemama is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Addy (09-10-2010), Alffe (09-10-2010), barbo (09-10-2010), DMACK (09-11-2010), lebelvedere (09-11-2010), Mark56 (09-10-2010), MelodyL (09-12-2010), waves (09-10-2010)