View Single Post
Old 09-10-2010, 06:41 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Confused What would you do?

Oh my! I went to my 1st Repetitive Nerve/Muscle Stimulator. After being electrocuted for 1 hour, the doctor said he saw no indicators of myasthenia gravis. I about fell through the chair in shock and said, "Is that because I'm ON the mestinon?" Well, he was quickly angered at my neuro whom he could not believe had sent me to this exam without taking me off the mestinon first! NOW, I have to stop the mestinon for 72 hours and go back and get cattle prodded-electrocuted- again! I burst out laughing and said to the docs- IN YOUR DREAMS! Well, I lost the debate and am now falling back down into A lethargic blob squashed flat on the floor with no life to rise up. Here's my question of serious concern: It seems to be affecting my heart and blood pressure which drops to 74/54 and jumps up to 150/110 if I get up to do anything. So, is it really safe to just stop this med suddenly for a few days without it affecting various organ muscles? Thanks for any response or knowledge. I'm about to go to ER just to be checked over before something serious happens.
TRESA is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote