View Single Post
Old 09-10-2010, 06:59 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by craftyRCC View Post
I really can't offer any advice on MG, I have'nt been diagnosed yet but I can speak first hand about low B12 levels.

I was admitted to the hospital this past June with extreme body weakness and severe muscle spasms.

After a gamit of lab studies, an EEG, CT Scan, and an MRI they detected a severely low B12 level . If your B12 level is to low it can cause very serious neurological and autonomic nervous system problems. A low B12 level can cause permanent damage to the myelin sheath covering your nerves. The treatment is simple. You take an oral supplement and a series of B12 injections for the rest of your life.

Diarrhea, hair loss, muscle spasms, loss of appetite and weakness are just a few of the side effects of a low B12 level.

Some of the symptoms go away quickly, some take longer, some may never go away. It all depends on how long your level was below normal. Everyone responds differently to the treatment.

While I have had some improvement with spasms, the overall body weakness remains a problem for me. As a result the neurologist I saw in the hospital ordered the acetylcholine antibody tests during my very first post hospital follow up. They came back negative, I've also had an EMG which was normal as well. He requested approval for a MuSK antibody test last month. My insurance company denied it due to a lack of clinical evidence for the test. I still have all the symptoms of generalized MG. I see my PCP again next week and my neuro again next month. I am unsure of what the next plan of attack will be.

Sorry this ended up so long, hope it clears up the B12 thing a bit.

Rachel
I take 1 Fiber choice AM and PM (start with AMonly at first) FANTASTIC results! NO more diarrhea and its like being 5 yrs old all over again with PERFECT BM's. Every one I have recemmended this product too have come back telling me of their amazing results-and it is amazing when you have not had any regularity for months or years. COmes in yummy flavors-chewable. Hope it works for all others.
TRESA is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote