View Single Post
Old 09-10-2010, 07:10 PM
Grand Magnate

10 yr Member
Grand Magnate

10 yr Member
Thumbs up Great Post Tina

Right on, Tina, stim blunts the pain signal. If you ever lose signal, shut it off, run out of battery, or have break through pain as a user, you DEFINITELY know the life of pain is not gone, just stymied and managed with electricity and electronics rather than mind dulling life robbing meds.
Thank you,
Mark56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burntmarshmallow View Post

Easygoing I am so so sooooo Happy to read your post and find the first days with the trial stim are going good. I am sorry you have been threw so much
Yes the leads . I dont know where yours are placed or how many you have?? but be careful not to tug pull or jerk the lead wire /wires ... or scratch at them sometimes you can just forget like when waking up and think it is your hair and go to swipe it back or something ..so BMW and T-Rex (my stim )says be careful . once you have the final it is all under the skin and MUCH easier .
I know I have said this here on this thread before as have others but ... that is correct PNS / Neuro stim / Spine Cord Stim ... ANY type of stimulator implant DOSE NOT take away all the pain, you arent pain free. the Stimulator helps manage the pain . We still have pain , we still get break threw pain and most of us still take medication along with the stim for the best pain management.
I have other stuff to chat at you with so going to switch to email....
but before i do that one last thing
I always feel warmth in my heart when I hear others say my med is helping, my mvd has worked for the pain , or I have tried this med and that surgery and well like some of us on this thread and others I know the Stimulator is really working and helps. There IS Hope we all need to help each other find the best way to lower the pains... thanks for sharing because that is the best way to help someone else. what works for one may not help the next one at all. each thing shared about a med or the different surgeries gamma, mvd ,motor cortex etc.... give hope to someone else. Thanks for sharing and caring.
May God and the Angels continue to be with you leading you safely threwthe trail ,final surgery and towards a new life with lower more managed pain.
Thank You God.
PEACE
BMW
Mark56 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote