View Single Post
Old 09-10-2010, 07:31 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by art chick View Post
Just had my first SFEMG and I cannot believe it was normal. He tested 5 different muscles!! But considering I just had 5 days of IVIG, am on 50 mg of prednisone and I could only hold the mestinon for 12 hours, I suppose I shouldn't be surprised. So now I'm seronegative and have no objective tests besides the icepack test and response to IVIG still. This is so frustrating.

Tomorrow I am scheduled for breathing tests w/ and w/o mestinon to check diaphragm strength and I am praying that will prove something---anything at this point.

I was supposed to have a CT on Monday but they are going to either cancel the contrast or do an MRI for the thymus instead. Did you guys know the iodine is used in the contrast which is contraindicated in MG? He is not cancelling it because of that though but because I had hives for a week after my CTA chest and they think I may be allergic to iodine and the last thing I need is more drama. . .

My thymus better be huge or I am going to have to get a muscle biopsy next.

Hang in there with me all you seronegatives!! They are still totally certain I have MG. It's just SO difficult to get to. . .ugh!!!!

The only good news is that they just revoked my Meniere's Disease status based on the MG diagnosis. The hearing loss, balance issues, etc are due to MG they are saying. . . .

debra
I am so glad I have found you guys! I too got a sero-negative result and when neuro did CT scan of thymus I felt the same way - It had better come back REALLY BIG cuz I am sooo very tired of the constant wondering. Bless my neuro as he finally put me on mestinon ( due to confirmed MG Occular) and the results were amazing! After two years of knowing me as the lump of worm incapable of moving-I strutted into his office the other day in High Heels! I could talk, walk, laugh, smile and converse as an intelligent human being. After our session, he turned and said, Truly Amazing results! I smiled and gave him the thumbs up and then a big hug with "thanks for giving me back my life!" It was a great moment.
TRESA is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote