View Single Post
Old 09-11-2010, 09:46 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Annie, have you been tested for Celiac Disease? If you have and you had a negative result, you may still be gluten sensitive. Try a gluten-free diet for a month and see if that helps. A GF diet will also help get your vitamin and mineral levels back in line, as an internal reaction to gluten will cause the lining of the intestine to be unable to absorb all of the nutrients that you eat.

I've checked with the Mestinon manufacturers, and they assure me that they don't use gluten in their formulation, but I started getting body sores again (I have the skin manifestation of CD and am also allergic to wheat), so I'm wondering if they might not use wheat in some other part of the facility, or if it is somehow in the dessicants that are included in the pill bottles. I'm still investigating all of that, so I'll get back to you when I find out more....

You may also be taking just a slight bit more than your body needs, and you may be having a mild cholinergic reaction. It's possible that you need to take a smaller dosage; you may be able to offset that by taking it more often during the day. I seem to remember reading that works for many people.
teresakoch is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote