View Single Post
Old 02-11-2007, 02:52 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

If a person can get to a doctor that knows TOS it may cost less in time and money to get or not get a TOS DX first then work their way back. It also won't look like one has doctor shopped for pain meds and a DX's.

One does not need all the tests listed to DX TOS. Certain types with the new imaging can be clear.

Blood work will not DX TOS. It isn't a hematologic syndrome. It will cause arterial and venous blocks but thats all. Labs will rule out or in rheumatology problems but one can also have them along with TOS but they won't cause each others DX's. Different body systems again.

TOS also has NOTHING to do with Thyroid issues. This has been pounded out here before & it just isn't possible. That is a complete different body system. Many cases of TOS are DX'd in women over 40 and that happens to be the most commen age for the DX's of Thyroid disease. Ask the TOP docs, they'll tell you.

Many have had to have tons of tests and walked a long road before finding out they have TOS. But if one suspects it after seeing one or two docs then get to a TOS doc and see what they say before subjecting yourself to more spent $ and pain.

I have dealt with this for over 10 yrs and had great results post op and a clear DX with his type of imaging almost 8 yrs ago by Brantigan.

And yes, I work in medicine, understand body systems and test results. This is not only my opinion but that of the TOS docs, research and medical history from when doctors started to understand different body systems and how they work.

Again, my opinion and NOT directed at anyone so don't take it that way.
bettertoser is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote