View Single Post
Old 09-11-2010, 04:05 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSDIHelp View Post
This ia a quote fromaq booklet put on on AZ medical rights

"• See and get a copy of your medical record.
Your health care provider usually must let you see your medical record or give
you a copy of it no later than 30 days after they receive your request. This right iscalled the right to access your medical record.
In many cases, your health care provider is allowed to charge you a fee for
copying your record. They can also charge you the actual cost for postage if you
have the copy mailed to you.
• Correct your medical record by having information added to it.
You have the right to have information added to your medical record to make it more complete or accurate. This right is called the right to amend your record.
• File a complaint.
You have the right to file a complaint with the Office for Civil Rights, U.S.
Department of Health and Human Services if you believe your health care providerh as violated your right to see, get a copy of, or amend your medical record. You cana lso file a complaint with the state agency that regulates your health care provider."

The complete booklet website is http://ihcrp.georgetown.edu/privacy/...ides/az/az.pdf
Good Luck!
Thanks Trudi. This is very helpful.

I tried calling my doctor's office yesterday to inquire if they've had any contact with SSA but got bounced around a few times so will try again on Monday.

If I get the documents through this route I will try to submit them to my caseworker. I'm a newbie to all this so bare with me...even if I submit my medical records to SSA from this particular doctor, he still has to complete a document on me, correct? And if he doesn't, at what point does SSA realize they're not going to get it?

As a side note Trudi, your advice on how to submit an initial application was of great help to me. I could barely squeeze the documents into the envelope!
Mycah is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote