View Single Post
Old 09-11-2010, 04:18 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mycah View Post
How long do doctors have in which to submit medical info back to SSA? Or can they take as long as they want?

I ask because one of my doctors took three months to send me a copy of four visits and totally ignored my other request for copies of my medical reports for a three month period. I'm hoping requests from SSA have more pull than I do with this doctor...
Maybe I can help shed some light on the subject...

When we request records, we give the doctors/hospitals about 3 weeks to get back to us. If we don't receive records in that time frame, we contact the office and make sure they got the request, check the status, etc. Sometimes offices are just backlogged and we take that into account. However if the records aren't sent there is nothing we can do. I personally will generally call the claimant to let them know and have them see if they can call the doctor too.

If I were you I'd call your examiner regularly (regularly meaning maybe once a week, not twice a day) and see how things are coming or if you can help out in some way. Try to be as involved in your case as you can

And remember, if your doctor doesn't submit records, that's not YOUR fault. Your examiner will not see you in a negative light because of what the hospital/doctor didn't do.

If we don't get the records and there is insufficient medical evidence in file, then we generally have to send you to an exam with one of our contract doctor, which is another topic entirely.

Hope this helps.
kallixenia is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote