Thread: Au natural
View Single Post
Old 09-12-2010, 09:26 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Smile Please read!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmptyNest68 View Post
Hi Everyone....it's been a while since I have been on here. Not sure why I got away from this forum, but you were all missed! Glad to be back...in a sense
Has anyone else here tried controlling their symptoms w/diet, exercise and other non-medicinal things? How are you doing, or did you do? How long were you able to subsist on non-prescription treatment?
Thanks so much....Steph
Hi Steph, I am 7 years into my pd journey, on Mirapex at the beginning, then added Stelevo, and 2 days ago stopped that and added Sinemet. About 3 months ago a very good friend "nagged" me into going with her to her workout, and I thank God so often for sending this lady into my life!!
My personal trainer, Aaron, had me jogging a mile at the end of the 1st month, and guess what.... now I can do 5 push ups at a time, is this a miracle or what. Of course I am extremely careful when I jog, my form isn't perfect, but I am moving!! We are working on strength and balance, core strength especially. Wish you could move to Altlus Oklahoma and I could hook you up with Aaron so he could do the same for you. The moral of my story is YES,YES,YES, exercise is SO important in having a good quality of life while you fight your battle. My MD doc and my FP are amazed, and so am I!!
Parkie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote