View Single Post
Old 09-12-2010, 12:02 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Smile

Yes it is vit D defieciency caused. We are still working on this issue. I am unable to take vitamin D by mouth. It makes me alot sicker. I was diagnosed in 2006 with severe deficiency and the parathyroid issue. They wanted me do the big medical doses of 50k. That is when the circus began. It is really hard to find Endocrinologists who know this stuff well. I have tried 3 different endo and still they dont get it. After the last one I had to set it aside and focus on the neuromuscular issue. I thought an answer was found but had gotten a young student instead of my regular brilliant internist. Now she is back so I am hopeful it will get sorted out. I thought I could get injections but the last Endo said they dont make them anymore.

The good news is that this summer I found a way to tan outside and use cold water on my legs that keeps me cool enough so I dont flare. The bad news is that as of this past year even when my vit D is in the normal range, low normal, the parathyroid wont go back to normal. That is new. Endo thinks it is because my D levels jump around. Other than farmers and surfers I am not sure most folks dont have levels that jump around. Yet she is not scheduling me for a follow up! This feels weird to not have this issue followed. For now I have to focus on neuro issues. When winter comes it will be a bigger issue. I drop fast in the winter.

Annie59
Annie59 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote