View Single Post
Old 09-12-2010, 03:17 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Hello to everyone

wanted to let everyone know I am starting to fall in love with my stim.

Tina, Mark and everyone else - thank you from the bottom of my heart for your well wishes and encouragement.

last nerve - have not really spoken with you, but you are in my thoughts. hope things are going well.

I am adjusting to the stim, starting to want to wash my hair and at moments the wires are worrisome, but nothing compared to dealing with pain.

I also wanted to let all of you know that reading these posts gave me the courage and initiative to try the stim. before reading all of these posts, I probably would have chosen a much more serious and dangerous surgery with a 10% chance of having worse long term pain, so thank you.

the stim is not a end all to pain, but it really does help. I have come to realize in the last few days that I have been chasing getting rid of the pain, but I now know that is just a pipedream. hard realization. the stimulator is giving me bittersweet happiness. it is hard to realize that being pain free is not going to happen and is a bit of a mental adjustment. when Italked to my husband about this a little while ago, he started to give me an optimistic pep talk about not giving up hope... I asked him to please stop, I appreciate his positive thoughts and need to be positive, but also honest about this. my pain is just going to be part of who I am and I need to face that. I am not saying I don't need to try to find the best way to deal with the pain and make it as low as possible, but I think it is here to stay.

I want to encourage any and everyone who is thinking about a stimulator implant to at least try it or do someseriousreading and thinking about it.

my temporarystim is for my occipital nerve pain. I had unbearable pain starting at my neck and running rams horn fashion along the side of my head and into my left eye. it was giving me unbearable eye pain/headaches thru my eye. they said it would be like a cluster headache or migraine. it made me sick to my stomach and if I wasn't throwing up, I was nauseous. since my temporary stim on Thursday, about 70 % of my pain is gone. I do have times where it is worse and I can sometimes feel a headache lurking on the outer edges, nut no more sickness. I had lost 25 pounds in the last 5 weeks because the pain was getting worse. not a great way to lose weight and I really didn't have It to lose. I now can eat and actually have an appetite.
Tina thanks for your call today. I feel we have much in common and look forward to getting to know you better.

lisa
easygoing is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Burntmarshmallow (09-14-2010), legallady534 (09-12-2010), Mark56 (09-12-2010)