View Single Post
Old 09-12-2010, 04:10 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRESA View Post
First I apologize for not writing down where I found this info but it was from some clinical journal place..lol, that's the best I can say. Here goes:
There are 6 treatment strategies:
1) Targets antigen specific B-Cells
2) Targets antigen Specific CD4+ T-Cells
3) Targets intereference with co-stimulatory response for antigen presentation
4) Target is aimed at inducing tolerance or anergy of CD4+ T-Cells to autoantigen or the CD4+ epitopes
5) Treatment is designed to stimulate the immunological circuits which activate CD8+ cells specific for activation antigens expressed by CD4+ cells
6) Treatment intervenes with the cytokine function and discourages the autoimmune mediated inflamatory responses.

So, what does this all mean-in normal language!! I understand some but I will keep studying and go in to next neuro visit fully armed for a good debate! I feel like a naughty child who just found Santa's presents under me mom's bed!!! I want to know by the lab results or whatever exam the WHY of my future treatments> OHHH I feel like I am about to get a handle or control over this mystery. giggle,giggle,giggle.
The list of 6 treatments options comes from the "Clinical Overview of MG" article written by Dr. Howard and posted on the MGFA's website under the tab on the menu bar titled "Healthcare Professionals." It's in the last paragraph under the heading "The Future." I think the treatments listed are intended to be broad categories of types of treatments that researchers should pursue as possible avenues for better treatments in the future.
Jenn is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote