View Single Post
Old 09-12-2010, 09:59 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alffe View Post
I'm so glad you made that call Meg..and I'm grateful to Brian for getting through to you. Depression is such a monster...one you have to continue to battle. You aren't alone..I say that a lot around here but it's true..we have all been there at one time or another and managed to survive..

Please think of yourself at a total person...one with a future.

Thank you for your post, it's so hard to feel like my life matters when so many people/other things make me feel like it doesnt. thank you for making me feel like I matter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addy View Post
Hi MegVeg
I, for one, am sooooo grateful that you made that phone call - isn't it amazing that the voice of another human being can give us the rationalization we need to keep going.

I absolutely agree with the statement you have in your signature and it pleases me to know you, too, have been touched by Randy Pausch.... his story talks to my very soul and each time you share with us, you also remind me of his message. (IF anyone reading doesn't know his story, I urge you to google his "Last Lecture")

I'm so glad you are here with us - I really am!
Addy

Thank you for your words, its really calming and makes me feel centered when I come here to read that someone, somewhere is concerned about my well being (even if the people I physically see every day do not)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo*mar View Post
I'm glad you were strong enough to make the call for help.

That's a good step, knowing when you need to make the call and going ahead and doing it.

I think it is just really hard sometimes for family to accept & comprehend how you are feeling inside....
I hope someday they will be more understanding & supportive.
I appreciate your reply. I've had to make the call before add it makes me embarassed that i have to rely on a random stranger to talk to instead of being able to talk o my mom/dad/brother/anyone in my physical life. But it doesnt matter because the people here (and Brian) are more beneficial to my life than anyone in my physical life so far so thank you so so much

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa in Ohio View Post
MegVeg, I am so proud of you for making that phone call. Your mom sounds just like mine. She actually told me this week that she did not think that I needed to take any anti-depressants, so I really understand how that lack of support and understanding hurts. It must be a wonderful thing to go through life without the burden of depression and hurting so much that you no longer want to be here. That said, I am really glad that you made that call, because I care about you. Lisa
Thank you I care about you as well as everyone here on NT. Its like fighting an uphill battle everyday when you have no one who understands what its like to lose control of your own thoughts, and then I come here and realize im NOT alone

Thank you all so much, from the bottom of my beating heart <3

"We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand."
—Randy Pausch

megveg is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Addy (09-12-2010), Alffe (09-13-2010), barbo (09-13-2010), bizi (09-16-2010), Koala77 (09-13-2010), lebelvedere (09-13-2010), Mark56 (09-13-2010), mistiis (09-22-2010), thelonely1 (09-13-2010), wishnomore (09-13-2010)