View Single Post
Old 09-13-2010, 04:46 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addy View Post
oh my dear God... I just wrote the longest response ... and in the twink of a slipped finger, I lost all that was written...

darn new laptop!

Tom ... consider this thread and this brilliant forum an opportunity to be an author amongst us ... I am your agent and this is your book! I will continue to look forward to reading your posts.

Alffee ... I have always wished for a mate that could sit across the table from me like Mr. Alffee.... I have met many Mr. Alffees and two developed into mating ...but not in longevity... and actual life-changing heartbreak for me. The longevity was with a superficial guy's guy (and my only marriage).

I digress...

and Rae , o dear, I absolutely adore your since of wit and humour!

~~~~~~~

The songs that have stayed with me since age 14 are: WILD THING (which I didn't like back then - it scared me for some reason) and Joni Mitchell's BIG YELLOW TAXI ("paved paradise, put up a parking lot... " ... which came out again in a newer/same story version when I had teenage sons!) ... definitely a song that looked into the future and told a story I was concerned about... and the other song: WAR what is it good for absolutely nothin'

ok... I think I've digressed enough...

Addy
Hello, Addy: Thanks for your latest installment. You can be my agent any old time! And the beautiful part of it is, 15% of nothing = , ahhhh, well, I never was good at math; I'll have to ask the friendly neighborhood 12-year-old.

As for "Wild Thing" fans, check out http://www.my-generation.org.uk/Troggs/wildthing.htm

Yes, Rae makes everybody laugh. Not a bad deal, don't you think? I was on occasion a wit myself, albeit only half a one.

Bestest, Tom
lebelvedere is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Addy (09-13-2010), Alffe (09-13-2010), barbo (09-13-2010), Mark56 (09-13-2010), Rrae (09-13-2010)