View Single Post
Old 09-13-2010, 05:15 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bo55bbie View Post
Hi,

I have had pain for over 11 years on the rt side of my face. I had MVD done after meds not working. It had worked a little but still on a boat load of meds. My question is does anybody know of a neurosurgeon in the Midwest who does MVD procedures? I went up to Indy but that is far from where I live & the NP kept chaning my appt date without telling me. My husband will not take me there anymore. I never had a appt date after surgery.

I have really found the forum useful. Thanks for any info that can be given.
Sorry for all you have gone thru. couple of questions. What kind of TN do you have? did they find a compression? how long has it been since your MVD? have you seen your surgeon or spoken with him since the surgery at all? what did he say?
I ask all these questions so I can try to answer you better. I personally had 2 MVD surgeries for typical TN. I was pain free for about 5 or 6 weeks after my first surgery and pain came back. my surgeon wanted to then try gamma. I got a second and third opinion and ended up going to Pittsburgh for a second MVD and they added more padding which stopped the pain.
I am telling you this because so etimes there is a reason for the pain returning and they can fix it. Sometimes MVD is just not very effective no matter what. TN can be such a hard disease. it can be such a struggle.
iwill look for your reply.
Easygoing
easygoing is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote