View Single Post
Old 09-13-2010, 05:21 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burntmarshmallow View Post
Most usually you just stay on the medication . which may mean you may have to switch meds if one stops helping. That can happen after a long time of being on same med So one may need switch to something different that will help as well.
I am glad to hear your pain is doing better May the pain keep heading towards the "back seat" and hope you keep feeling better too .
PEACE
BMW
BMW is right that most people stay on their meds. I have heard from a few people that seem to have intermittent pain that stay on their meds for a while and if they stay pain free, their Dr may let them decrease their dose and even stop their meds and see how they do. I have also read of a few patients that are rarely bothered by pain and they are able to use their meds only when they have bouts of pain. For most though, with atypical, they seem to stay on meds and may need to change or add drugs according to how they are doing and the side effects they may be having from the drugs.

hope your day is relatively pain free and I am glad the drugs are helping control your pain.

easygoing
easygoing is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Burntmarshmallow (09-13-2010), PAYNE1 (10-27-2010)