Young Senior Elder Member

15 yr Member
Young Senior Elder Member

15 yr Member
Heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by lebelvedere View Post
Hello, Alffe:

LOl -- call a spade a fork! Or a fork truck, why not?

Yes, "All the wrong things seem to be important today." So, what is important?

Here's what really counts. Check out this web site: http://www.chuckjones.com/studios/warner.php. I made the earth-shattering discovery that your avatar has a name: Michigan J. Frog. You have solid credentials: the Library of Congress called One Froggy Evening "culturally significant." Spielberg called it the "Citizen Kane of animated movies." So much for Rosebud...

I have read excerpts from Durkheim's pioneering work on suicide. After all these posts and my own attempt, I guess I'd better get into it on a serious basis. Marcel Mauss, an anthropologist, was related to Durkheim. There was a lot of creative work being done back then for the pure love of what they were doing. Mauss' signature phrase: "Society always pays itself in the counterfeit money of its dreams." I think part of the explanation of suicide lies therein. Anyway, war, youth, instant gratification: see what Mr. Alffe thinks of that one. Let us know...

Bestest,

Tom
Oh my..I should know better than to ask Mr.Alffe what he thinks..because he tells me, and tells me, and tells me! Just one of the things I love about him but it's exhausting and I always wish I'd taken notes.

He thinks that "How you feel overpowers how you think." and he noted that he wasn't just talking about pain. He has had difficulty understanding depression..his reaction has always been "Get up and do something!"
He has always surrounded himself with "thinkers". Always felt that developing theories was the way to live your life....and then Michael, our only son, his namesake, killed himself.

To say that it rocked his boat is an understatement. That "quicksand of feelings" he calls it, can be overwhelming.

It astounds me sometimes to think that we have been married for 52 years...I, who have always leaned toward the depressed side, and he, who is the eternal optimist.

When I hear that train coming...I run to the conductor..you fill in the name.

(Michigan J. Frog) ROFL

Alffe is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Addy (09-13-2010), barbo (09-13-2010), Mark56 (09-13-2010), Rrae (09-13-2010)