View Single Post
Old 09-13-2010, 09:52 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Easygoing, I think that you hit the nail on the head, regarding the efficacy of the stim. I have been slowly ramping up to it - I was getting hot spots at the incision sites when I had it on, but that has slowly gone away.
I've had the opportunity to try it out on some pain, and was guardedly happy about the results - it definitely interrupted the pain signal. Then yesterday, I got walloped, so I turned the stim on, and it just hummed along underneath the pain and didn't help at all. I finally turned it off and medicated. Even the meds didn't stop the pain, in fact. I know that maybe I need to have it on full time, and will eventually work up to that. Perhaps that was a factor with yesterday's pain, since I didn't have it on.
So anyway, I have to say that I am having the exact same experience as you, Easygoing, trying to temper other people's hopes (and misconceptions). The pain will still be there. I just have one more tool, and I am starting to like mine too. It's nice to meet you, and to have another new stimmie on the forum here.
and Tina, Frankenb*** is feeling a little better, but I think that the healing will take some time. Poor thing. All staple-marked......You're so funny!
Hugs to you all, my stim family
Lily
Mylastnerve is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Burntmarshmallow (09-13-2010), Mark56 (09-13-2010)