View Single Post
Old 09-13-2010, 10:40 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default I know u wrote about this a yr and half ago..but here goes

Quote:
Originally Posted by traevin View Post
Thanks. I haven't secured an attorney yet. My insurance company has been very good to me, which I'm aware is not the norm, but I believe it will probably in my best interest to get one unless the insurance company makes an offer that seems more than fair. But that's the problem.

What is fair? I'm disabled enough to have received SSD on my first try, which I've been told is rare. There's a good chance that I'll never be able to return to my prior occupation as a massage therapist.

I'm in constant pain, very limited, and the medication I'm taking doesn't do enough to provide any sort of quality of life. I haven't given up on a cure or at least getting better but from how I feel, the length of time I've had the condition, the lack of any breakthrough in treatment, and from what I've heard from people who've had the condition for several years, there's a good chance that I'll remain disabled for the rest of my life. And that's a hard thing to write.

That's why I'm wondering what to expect for settlement.

Any ideas?
Hurt in FL at work, 2 knee surgeries later, RSd/CRPSII , then systemic CRPS II. The value of an entire leg being amputated in FL is $25,000. They do not have lifetime medical and to top it off..my company went under the FEDERAL BANKRUPTCY ACT protection. My choices were 1) wait 4-5 yrs to see if any monies were available after all other debtors were pd or 2) take a settlement. Since was living in FL alone with no help and wanted to move home to GA for $assistance, mobility assistance, yadda, yadda...I tk the crappy amount of 50,000 leaving me with 37,000...30,000 for medical. THAT ran out on less than 9 months. With the loans from family and agencies I finally made it to the finish line....2 denials for SSDI, then with an atty won in may this yr. Still have not seen a lump sum....THEY ARE WORKING ON IT. I think they are trying to stretch out my med amount of 30,000 out as a monthly income but my atty says the ARE CRAZY AND CANNOT DO THIS. What is your status?
BulldawgOnFire is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote