View Single Post
Old 09-13-2010, 11:54 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BulldawgOnFire View Post
Hurt in FL at work, 2 knee surgeries later, RSd/CRPSII , then systemic CRPS II. The value of an entire leg being amputated in FL is $25,000. They do not have lifetime medical and to top it off..my company went under the FEDERAL BANKRUPTCY ACT protection. My choices were 1) wait 4-5 yrs to see if any monies were available after all other debtors were pd or 2) take a settlement. Since was living in FL alone with no help and wanted to move home to GA for $assistance, mobility assistance, yadda, yadda...I tk the crappy amount of 50,000 leaving me with 37,000...30,000 for medical. THAT ran out on less than 9 months. With the loans from family and agencies I finally made it to the finish line....2 denials for SSDI, then with an atty won in may this yr. Still have not seen a lump sum....THEY ARE WORKING ON IT. I think they are trying to stretch out my med amount of 30,000 out as a monthly income but my atty says the ARE CRAZY AND CANNOT DO THIS. What is your status?
You received a favorable SSDI judgement and to this day you've not received your retro pay? If so, this is borderline criminal.
Jimking is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote