Thread: SSI wait time
View Single Post
Old 09-13-2010, 05:55 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default not understanding???

I am 38, diagnosed with Post Traumatic Stress Disorder, Personality Disorder, and Panic , recently a month ago approved for benefits. The letter said I met the requirements dor SSDI. I began receiving state SSI at the medical insurance level, but Social Security told me I have an SSDI backpayment of $9,800.00. That it would be in my account in 3 to 5 days. When that expired I get no answers. I am told that my benefit of 691 dollars a month will be in fed SSI. $3 dollars in state because they handle insurance. So I ask, where is the SSDI backpay? Then I am told that I will get a letter because it is being determined on how much the SSI offset the SSDI? I am confused? Today I was told direct that August of last year until now is being held as backpay while they determine if SSI was eligible for me. When that is done I will get a letter about back pay. So does this mean they are trying to take my back pay away? I am recieving SSI, although they called it SSDI benefits in the beginning. Does this make sense to anyone out there? Lawyers say not to worry , you'll get your back pay. That I was found eligible for SSDI so they have to computate. My question is computate what. A hypothetical number of money I didn't recieve? I am lost
mich101 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
frankros (10-06-2010)