View Single Post
Old 09-13-2010, 08:03 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Unhappy almost 2 months in

I'm going to give this a try, still not great at keeping on track with what I am saying.

I was in a car accident on July 29th where I hit my head on the windshield and on the steering wheel. I received 26 stitches over my left eye and a CT scan in the ER. They said the CT was normal and sent me home and told me to see my doc in 7 days to have the stitches removed.

I felt silly and loopy, very hard to describe, for about a week. Almost made it the 7 days without seeing my regular doc. Went a little early because I was having headaches, was dizzy, easily confused, had a hard time following conversations, nauseous. She said we should wait 3 months to see how I heal on my own. Since then I am in the doc office about 1 a week. The symptoms are not really better and i have a very hard time at work.

I am in sales and sit at a computer for 10 hours a day and take call after call. The job is very high stress. I was out for about a week and then went back part time for 3 weeks. I did pretty good for the 3 part time weeks but found that I had to sleep at least 2-3 hours after working.

I went back full time after my 3 weeks and have yet to work a full day. I just can't do the job. After about 2 hours I start to get really confused and can't remember the answers to the questions people are asking me. I am off work for now and going to try for short term disability.

I lost my train of thought so I'm not sure where I was going with this.

Anyway, it's nice to know I'm not alone or crazy. I see a neuro therapist next monday.

My main question is how am i going to pay my bills. My short term disability is only 60% of my income which wasn't enough to begin with and I am starting hair school.

I'll try to make more sense next post, but I'm sure most of you understand.

Andi
andi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote