View Single Post
Old 09-14-2010, 09:21 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

http://www.hopkins-arthritis.org/pat...epression.html

Conclusion
Chronic pain is an intrapersonal experience not a specific diagnosis. Patients with chronic pain should receive treatment for underlying medical conditions, and should be evaluated for anxiety and distress. Major depression is a common psychiatric co morbidity of chronic pain, is associated with severe consequences, and is very responsive to treatment. In addition to being a primary treatment for depression, antidepressants are effective in the treatment of many chronic pain syndromes such as neuropathic disorders. The complexity of chronic pain requires an extensive knowledge of the potential actions of many pharmacological agents. The physician should always think about the innovative application of medications regardless of how they are traditionally classified.

Tom

you are quite right in that we are not discussing the pain aspect of your dilemma.

Pain can literally make an individual want to crawl up in a corner and exist no-more.

I ask you candidly if your pain could be controlled and or removed would your thoughts of taking your life, end.

Pain..............is indescribable to another human being, because they are not experiencing the feelings.
Pain can create another person inside ourselves....................i was a wild beast when i had kidney stones..............i was stark staring mad when i slipped a disc in my neck.........and slept in a chair for 5 weeks..............and prior to recieving facet joint injections in my low spine, i attempted suicide.

I can honestly say. i understand the concept of a person taking their life under immense suffering and pain.................And as humans we do just that for animals.....and end their suffering..............

The problem comes when pain relief...encroaches on our capacity to exist in life....in a near as normal function.................most strong pain relief zombifies us.......................

i hope you get ....the pain relief that allows you, to be limited in pain, and alert enough to consider all of your options.

David

DMACK is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Addy (09-14-2010), Rrae (09-14-2010)