View Single Post
Old 02-11-2007, 06:55 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Question Umm

Bizi, Bipolar is a lable, not define you. You are who you are and have bipolar.

I am be far the last to know anything, jsut feel it.
You are Bizi, defined by your personality of loving, caring, helping, guiding, hugging, they are attributes. The bipolar is not part of your loving and even anger, it is like having diabetes, something your treat.If mom has diabetes, she is who she is and has diabetes.

Maybe the symptoms of bipolar affect how you react, express, or absorb what is going on around you, but I don't think it is you.....

Without a diagx you are still who your are. The diagx is not something you wear, it is what you battle. Hopefully the personaliy of Bizi far out weighs the diagx of balancing a level.

Makes one ask; is bipolar treated by behavior thereapy or with medications.
I don;t know enough to have an opinion, just thinking out loud.

Although my daughter was bipolar, that was not her, it was her thinking of others, always making supportive efforts, She would ahve the roughest manic day, but in a snap, if someone around ehr fell, be the most compassionate and reactive to the situation in an eyeblink.

So do bi-polar friends have an extra dose of compassion, desire to help, support, time for others that many wouldn;t have. Is it the vunerability, too kind and not enough deep "say no", too much emapathy that makes the emtional part much more emotional.

I have no idea, you bring up a thought.
Di

Pocono area, PA