Thread: Oprah
View Single Post
Old 09-14-2010, 10:08 AM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

I was upset to learn that those folks she gave cars to were forced to pay the taxes, registration and other expenses related to getting such a car. Many of them sold their car back to the dealers and used the money to get a car that was affordable to drive, and affordable to register. Why did she have to give a fancy smanchy G6? Why not...oh lets say a Ford focus, or a simple car with a good track record, or heaven forbid a used car! There are hundred and hundreds of gently used cars that would have been wonderful. anyway...I lost love for Oprah on that one.

As with many of these things, if its too good to be true, it probably is. Look at the "my favorite things" type shows. Many of those things are expensive, and then folks all want to clamour out and get it simply because Oprah said it was worth it. $120 for a pair of slippers?!

I wish Oprah the best, God Bless her for alot she has done, but she has clearly lost touch with what its like to be poor. She grew up one of the poorest of the poor, but I guess having folks follow you around pampering you all these years makes a girl forget. Those folks wanted a hang up, not a hand out.

Betaseron 5/18/07

Elevated LFTs Beta DC 7/07
Copaxone 8/7/07

Dejibo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Kitty (09-14-2010), Koala77 (09-14-2010)