View Single Post
Old 09-14-2010, 04:04 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mycah View Post
I found out who my examiner is! I called him and he's just waiting on the psychiatrist info before he sends my info 'off to the doctors'. I wanted to ask him what that meant but he didn't sound like he wanted to be on the phone much longer.

Sorry if this sounds routine to you but I don't know this process and don't want to tick anyone off at SSA by bugging them.

I visited the psychiatrist for the first time three weeks ago so it's understandable that they're waiting on him. And to think this wasn't even the doctor I thought was dragging his feet...

It sounds like a decision should be made 60-90 days from when the doctor's get it, according to the info 'kallixenia' posted.

Thanks to all!
Just so you know, the 60-90 day average starts when the examiner gets the case. Once the doctor gets the case, he or she has 2-3 weeks to review it and make their recommendation and you would probably be 20-40 days in already. The case can take longer if the doctor wants more info.

If you want to help out you could get in touch with the psychiatrist and remind him or her that you have a disability claim pending so they can send the records.

The examiner receives the records, reviews them, summarizes them, and refers it to a doctor for consultation (this is what your examiner means by "sent to the doctor"). And don't be afraid to ask your examiner to clarify any questions you have, and please don't be intimidated by him! We want to help you out in any way we can. You might have caught your examiner at an "off" time when you called, but don't let that put you off.

I hope that helps! If you have any other questions about the process feel free to ask or PM me
kallixenia is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote