View Single Post
Old 09-14-2010, 11:12 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Lindie, Any muscle can be affected by MG and there are 640 skeletal muscles. My eyebrows droop. My entire face can droop. Have you tried taking photos of your face?

The thing about looking at someone's face is that a doctor may catch you on a day when you have eyelid ptosis or they may not. It's not like when you show up at a doctor's office that there will be this perfect set of clinical signs of MG. Weakness that is variable is the hallmark of this damn disease and that's why a good doctor will look at/test several muscle groups during a visit.

Have you been seen by a neuro-ophthalmologist, I can't remember.

Do you have any K-12 photos? Mine clearly show that I have had both eyelid and eyebrow ptosis since birth.

Evidence of muscle weakness does not confuse the idea of MG, it would only add to the pile of evidence.

Aging, really? How old are you? I know people who are old and don't have their foreheads or eyebrows drooping. What a crock. Yes, people can lose acetylcholine as they get older BUT if the weakness is fatigable, chances are that it's MG or something like that.

Is it time for a 2nd opinion?

Take some photos. You'd be amazed at what doctors miss by "looking."

Annie
AnnieB3 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote