Thread: Rant about work
View Single Post
Old 09-14-2010, 11:56 PM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member
Default Rant about work

Ok, the last day I worked I had a disagreement with a co-worker. We work for commissions being in sales. I had an appointment set up with a family for a very good sale that would net good commissions in the end.

They walked in and I was busy giving information to someone else who had walked in.

My co-worker, a young woman who is doing good but being pretty aggressive, engaged my group telling them I was not available.

When I finished what I was doing and looked up and saw the young lady in the midst of taking over my sale, I nearly blew a gasket. I mentioned it to her and she said, "you were busy."

It was the end of a long week so I didn't handle it particularly well, but said, yes, I had this all set up... and she just continued as I looked on, flabbergasted.

And on it went. She continued with them and I glared at her (she was right next to me working.) ... and she proceeded to say, with a huge smile, "you're lucky not to be doing this, it's very complicated."

I replied, "yes, I know all of the details, I spoke to them a few days ago for about two hours so we knew just what they were going to do."

Now, keep in mind, I'm trying to keep my cool because the customer's comfort is foremost. This customer had come in and asked for me and my co-worker said I was not available. She did not come over and ask me how long I would be (which is the normal, courteous thing to do in sales.)

So, I had words with the manager and he knew I was livid. He acknowledged I was 100% justified to be angry over this. I did end up doing part of the transaction and my customer knew (because my anger was apparent though I tried to hide it) that it should have all been done by me.

Anyway, at the end of the night, my co-worker apoligized for doing what she did, and I hugged her and forgave her. The manager told her that it is common courtesy to ask about a sale before proceeding when someone mentions another rep's name.

I was so angry about this, you just can't imagine. I know this girl won't do this again though, lol.

Thanks for letting me vent.

Turn Left at the next election.

RRMS DX 01/28/03 Started Copaxone again on 12/09/09
ewizabeth is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
AfterMyNap (09-15-2010), barb02 (09-15-2010), Dejibo (09-15-2010), Koala77 (09-15-2010), NurseNancy (09-15-2010), SallyC (09-15-2010), soxmom (09-15-2010)