View Single Post
Old 02-11-2007, 08:56 PM
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
Default Long-time members and support...

I have a "wonder" that might seem sensitive to some, but I certainly don't mean it to be.

I have noticed over the years that the more senior a member becomes, the less likely they are to seek support for themselves and their own problems. It's almost as if they feel they shouldn't ask, since they've been around for so long, and everybody knows them. Unless they have somehow been miraculously "cured" of their conditions, I know they must still have their complications, and yearn for a chance to vent once in a while if nothing else.

To be honest and upfront, I admit to being one of those people. As time has went by, I have felt an obligation to seek to help others, and a deep reluctance to admit my own problems in any open forum. Instead I send a PM or e-mail to someone, which not only limits my input, but also deprives other members of a chance to possibly learn from my experience.

Has anyone else ever done this, or am I just an isolated nut? I sometimes find myself wishing I could just start all over again, but I would hate to lose all the friends and acquaintances I've made. Anyway, this may seem like a unusual question, but I would really like to know if I'm alone in this, and would appreciate any honest and sincere replies.

Best Wishes To Everyone,
Idealist
Idealist is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote