View Single Post
Old 09-15-2010, 01:56 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I have TN, as well, and have also been RX'd Lyrica, yet for off-label use. Mine was prescribed for systemic nerve pain (and I don't have Fibro.M.) I take 500 MGs presently. My PM doc prescribed for longer lasting relief from pain than from short lasting, fast acting meds I have been RX'd in conjunction.

And, still, the "bouts" with TN - deep tongue pain, jaw pain, pain in my ears.

I think the efficacy of the medication is also person-specific. Like, what may help one person might not help another; it all depends on a person's body and the totality of the person's individual medical condition(s) and meds. prescribed.

I know this, about myself: Lyrica has helped. Though its dosage has had to be adjusted (I was falling asleep at times that were inconvenient and unwanted), I am no longer feeling totally sleep deprived and dreams have resumed. (Didn't even realize I wasn't dreaming until I started dreaming again.)

I hope your doc is willing to work with you on finding the med. that is right for you and willing or receptive to adjusting - when things just don't feel right (like, falling asleep in public is just not a "norm" for me; I started on 200 MGs per day and was tirated to 600 MGs, but 500 seems to work well and not put me to sleep with food in my mouth, which happened).

If it seems as if you're on an uphill battle with the doc, I'd say: Second and maybe a third opinion.

You deserve, as do all, to be treated with dignity and with respect, which entails a doctor understanding and hearing and, THEN, treating.

No one should feel dismissed or their health concerns discounted.

Just my thoughts... and thinking positively for you.

Bobbi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
PAYNE1 (09-17-2010), supermoo (09-19-2010)