View Single Post
Old 09-15-2010, 04:47 AM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mari View Post
I'm sure that your dinner (including the prep and the clean up were wonderful and that they appreciated it.
dad did not say anything until i asked him if everything was 'ok' and then he said it was fine. later he said the spinach were a little watery (i'm ok with that - that is good feedback) and the carrots were tasty. he didn't comment on the flavorings or presentation of the "main dish," which was a bit disappointing even though he is the one who usually appreciates presentation....

i wish i didn't need such explicit acknowledgements ... i seem to be kinda needy that way...

mom is very supportive. and she thanks me all the time, and i can see by how she looks that she genuinely appreciates it. last night she even made a fuss over how pretty the potatoes were. mind you we don't usually have potatoes this way because mom and i like to avoid the cooked oil. monday, dad requested them sauteed - and i made them... but then he insisted there werent enough and i should make more (hello??? SHARE!!!), even though i wasn't planning on eating more than 2-3 pcs so mom said she'd have a baked potato and only had a few pieces herself. i thought that was rude.

Quote:
That probably was tiring work.
it is, somewhat. and yesterday was worse, because i was hungover - queasy, generally achy. plus mild headache.

but i'm tired even without doing anything at all. not always sleepy tired... just a beat-up sort of feeling.

Quote:
I wish you could get good sleep and not be tired. Sleep seems to be key to lots of things.
other than those few nights when we had the people coming (ugh!) i am getting good sleep. 5-6 hours contiguous, and then sometimes i sleep another couple hours in the morning.

moving on to the the "usefulness" concept now...

~ waves ~
"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (09-15-2010), Dmom3005 (09-15-2010), Mari (09-15-2010), OhKay (09-16-2010)