View Single Post
Old 09-15-2010, 08:13 AM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

I sent more flowers, AND I sent flowers to the nurses station with a box of chocolates to say thank you for caring for him. I received a quilt from his mother when I was married to my ex as a present. i boxed it up, and sent it to the hospice to lay on his bed to cuddle with. They have clear instructions that NO ONE gets that blanket back but me. I have provided a return lable prepaid to simply put it back in the box and return it to me. I overnighted it to him, and he wept like a child when he saw his moms old quilt. I was thrilled to be able to provide it for him. My ex is furious that I still have that blanket, and thinks he can claim it as his own. The nurse stood up to him, and explained that theft of property will be met with arrests. HA!

exFIL has a strong church family, and community rallying around him, and they are not bending for this mans alcoholic son. Im sorry, I know I shouldnt be, but I am secretly thrilled that sonny boy cant just waltz in, strip the old man, and leave. OH btw, that trailor that sonny thinks he is going to strip and rent? HA! the old mans dog was incontinent, and the house is ripe with urine soaked carpets, because for the last month the dog wasnt let out in time. All those antiques of days gone by were pawned, or hocked to pay for medical servies needed during this last year. There is nothing left but a busted trailor full of salvation army style goods. HA! it will take a boat load of money to bring it up to code to be able to rent it. The owner of the park has tacked a note on the door for a 30 to fix or vacate notice. Dad squeezed every bit of living out of that place, and to bring it back is a major undertaking. When friends offered to help FIL fix it, he refused, saying "my drunk son is only going to show up and wreck it. dont bother." I am so proud of him!

Please help me pray for a peaceful passing for one of the sweetest men I have ever met. he deserves to be met in style at the rainbow bridge with the tons of animals he loved and rescued thru the years.

Betaseron 5/18/07

Elevated LFTs Beta DC 7/07
Copaxone 8/7/07

Dejibo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Debbie D (09-15-2010), hollym (09-17-2010), Kitty (09-15-2010), SallyC (09-15-2010), SandyC (09-15-2010)