View Single Post
Old 09-15-2010, 11:39 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

That's great about all this progress. And having more than one good dr. to choose from!! I'm sure the folks on here who have paddles can give you insight as I only have leads, albeit two cervically and two in the lumbar.

By the way, I think you do have your timing correct. First, psych. eval. (to make sure you don't think this is going to 100% make you whole...want to make sure you have realistic expectations), then the trial, then if the trial gives a good pain reduction, you get scheduled for the surgery. I went through two trials and then the final surgery for my two implants. The lumbar trial was in May, my cervical trial was in June and my two implants was Aug. 19. So, not really that long of a time line when one's been in pain so long prior to that.

Will caution you, tho'....several of us on here experienced increased pain between the trial and waiting to get the actual implant. Hard to say if it's because the experience of pain relief during the trial is so awesome or if it's 'cuz they mess somewhat with your nerves when they do the trial. I think it's a combination of both. So you may want to consider pain relief needs for the time between the trial and actual implant surgery.

Good luck and I'll be rooting for you from the sidelines as I'm sure others who have the paddles will be giving you good support and advice.
fionab is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
anon21816 (09-15-2010), Mark56 (09-15-2010), Rrae (09-15-2010), smae (09-15-2010), tchr012 (09-15-2010)