View Single Post
Old 09-15-2010, 11:59 AM
Co-Administrator
Community Support Team

15 yr Member
Co-Administrator
Community Support Team

15 yr Member

From how I understand it - some of the questionable websites somehow have ways to install a little program without you even knowing about it- that is probably how you got yours.

That's why I use the WOT browser add on as well as the browser security that comes with my Zone Alarm.

both of those will block a very bad site and the WOT has a color coded icon when I do a internet search so all the sites that come up in the results list have the icon showing if safe , moderate or bad.

I also use the Malwarebytes free program every so often as a double check but luckily it never finds anything. You should be fine with the free version too. Just check for updates before you run a scan.

the price $24.95 seems high to me when you can get a full security suite for nearly the same cost when they have the special price/sales .

they will have special pricing about 2x a year.
http://www.toptenreviews.com/interne...-suite-review/

more results-
http://www.google.com/#hl=en&expIds=...5cdb1806fef4aa

And you can always install a trial of any of them one at a time and use it until the trial is up then remove it and try another, until you find the one that is best for you, or just go back to free versions or what you use now. some have a 15 day trial and some 30 days etc.

Bit defender & the Norton were tricky to remove completely- so I wouldn't suggest you try those.

Kaspersky has a ton of settings - if you used it as it comes that is fine but if you start tweaking things it is easy to get lost in all the details.. I know I did.
There's some new ones on this list that I haven't heard of , I'm not testing any new ones now that I have my choice made.