View Single Post
Old 09-15-2010, 12:03 PM
anon21816

anon21816

Thats great news Sarah Mae that you are officially starting the process. I know when I initially went to my pain management Dr it was Sept 08 and after a full year of trying to manage my pain, ie meds, injections, epidurals, rhizotemies, spinal infusions lidocaine & ketamine and Lidoderm patches it was then that we decided we have explored every avenue to no avail and the next step was the SCS. I went for my psych evaluation in November and between Christmas and holidays for my Dr and me etc it was April before we did the trial and then progressed to the final implant in August.
The psych evaluation is to make sure its 'not all in your head' but also to make sure that there are no other issues going on. My psych explained to me that she had a patient who was sent to her for evaluation for SCS but it turned out she had depression also so that needed to be addressed before they could even contemplate an implant etc. Any underlying issues are addressed. Its also good to 'get it all out too'
So the very best of luck to you and keep us all updated on how things are panning out for you........

Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Mark56 (09-15-2010), Rrae (09-15-2010), smae (09-15-2010), tchr012 (09-15-2010)