View Single Post
Old 09-15-2010, 07:20 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Red face I am praying for you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah Mae View Post
Thanks, Rae. I will take a look at that site as soon as I'm done posting this.

I'm hoping the pooling stops, but nobody is too optimistic about that. I don't remember if I told you that we found out where it is coming from--the POTS?

It's another condition I have (that they diagnosed at Mayo and didn't tell me about). I am on medicine to stop the other symptoms, and I go from 1 pill at night to 2 pills tonight... will work up to 4 each night and then go see my doctor again.

It's a type of steroid and most people are on it for life (if they have POTS). It is supposed to help with all the other symptoms, but doesn't usually do anything for the pooling. Unfortunately, that's a symptom that the pills just do not work for.

According to every doctor I've seen (4 or 5), the pooling is not anything to do with a circulation problem, and it does get much much worse when I am up out of bed and standing or walking. SO that doesn't give me much hope for that... but we'll see. Never know.. and it doesn't hurt to try!

But even if the pooling takes years to go away--or even if it never does, I'd still love the pain relief from the SCS. Even if I'm stuck in bed, being in less pain would mean that I can spend my energy on other things besides fighting the pain all day and night.

I'm volunteering with InterVarsity College Fellowship (I was involved in it all 6 years I was in college). I'm also working with a pastor at my church to start a ministry for people with illnesses/disabilites. So I have plenty to keep me busy--but I could do much more without all this pain.

Of course, I'm still hoping the pooling stops... but unless God takes it away, it probably won't happen. We'll see!

I'm excited about moving forward with this process, though... I just want to get going! =) <3
Sarah, I know it is really hard when there are multiple things wrong and I can totally relate to you! Even though we have different things I just know its hard because a lot of times one condition will cause the other condition to get worse and also do not get me started on all the meds I take lol. I am so very sorry that you are going through this and I will have to research what POTS is because I do not know what it is but I am sorry that you have to go through it! I am so very excited for us to be getting our stims and you know besides everyone else, you will always have me here too! I am looking forward to us being able to talk more! I don't mind talking about any of my health problems or my experiences with my stim so if you ever have any questions for me feel free to ask! Anyway, now I really do have homework to do so I will talk to you soon! Have a good night and remember you are always in my thoughts and prayers! Love you lots

Big'sTara
tchr012 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
anon21816 (09-16-2010), Mark56 (09-15-2010), Rrae (09-15-2010), smae (09-15-2010)