View Single Post
Old 09-15-2010, 07:53 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Scoopy, I'm sorry to hear that you are still in pain and feeling less than hopeful. I spent the first 3 or so weeks of my ordeal with pain level7, 8, 9. No sleep, no relief. So I do understand what you are saying. I sincerely hope that when you are able to taper off the vicodin that you are able to tolerate the amitriptyline and that it gives you relief and your life back. I just came from the chiropractor and was reflecting on the absolute night and day difference from where I was a month ago. When this started, I thought I'd never be able to return to work and that my career was over. I feel very blessed that that is not the case.

I found that narcotics did not help my pain at all. Yet every ER doctor I saw kept tossing narcotics at me. Since my pain did not present as typical TN, they didn't try any meds that would work on nerve pain. Shrug.

My pharmacist isn't thrilled with the amitriptyline and lorazepam together either. However, the neurologist said it was okay. I just don't take them at the same time. One at night and the other during the day.

Keep me posted on how you are doing.
chalkdusty is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote