View Single Post
Old 09-16-2010, 12:25 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Pain and fatigue

Quote:
Originally Posted by davelikesfish View Post
I've been having problems for about 10 years now. I understand about all the different symptoms. For me I had symptoms like that and many more. Some would come and go. I couldn't figure out if anything was really wrong with me or if I was going nuts. The pain has always been there though and it is freekin REAL. I to can hardly remember what it's like to not have constant pain.

Taking different drugs is very screwy too. The different side effects. It's hard to figure out if they're making you better or worse. Some take a long time before they help. Some side effects go away after awhile and some get worse.

I tell you sometimes I felt like a zombie from taking all those drugs, Sometime everything felt unreal and I even felt like a total different person and not for the better. I have anxiety and depression too , so I've been through a long list of drugs. I definitely want to try Savella sometime too, to see if it works better. I'll wait for awhile though. I have the $30 co-pay on my Lyrica so I guess Savella should be the same.
Well, it can be a long and frustrating process to find out what is going on with your body, but DON'T GIVE UP.
Keep a daily diary, list everything thing that you take, and when, and also note the pains, severity etc, and any other symptoms that you may have from time to time.
Records like this can be very handy to review later on for all sorts of things, but without them you have only a hazy, unreliable memory.
Doctors also respond well to this sort of attention to detail, as it shows that you are serious about it.
Try to take only one new thing at a time, and wait a few weeks to gauge its effects. Try taking a 1/4 dose initially to test for a bad reaction.
Time also to review your lifestyle, in particular diet.
This is sadly rarely considered by GPs, but is vitally important to both provide optimum intake of the essential things, and to eliminate those that are known to be harmful.
Mineral and vitamin deficiencies are very common, but whose GP tests for this?
A lot of foods are just plain bad for us, and again, whose GP is concerned?
As a basic rule, avoid all sugars as much as you can.
Avoid processed foods, pre made meals, soft drinks, white bread, caffeine, anything with a huge number of additives and numbers.
Eat fresh foods as a standard, drink lots of water, take a multi vitamin and mineral supplement. Good ones, not from supermarket!

I have had a huge relief from my chronic pains by taking large doses of magnesium oil and Vitamin D. An amazing difference is just a few weeks.
Deficiencies of these two items are widespread, so it is likely that you are as well. I take 5000 units of the D 3 times a week, and about 2 teaspoons of the mag oil a day. My pain meds are down to 3-4 a day from around 8.
It is important that you review everything in your life when trying to find why you are ill.
Don't look to drugs to mask things, drill down to the causes.
Good luck!

Peter B is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Debraowens (01-26-2012), Doody (09-17-2010), tamiloo (09-16-2010)