View Single Post
Old 09-16-2010, 05:14 AM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb

Unhappy with the drugs you are trying for fibro?

You may be interested in this:
d-ribose has shown improvements in fibro patients. I started this supplement last spring, hoping to improve stamina from my PN issues and muscle pain issues, and I have to say it is working for me! There are studies showing d-ribose benefits patients with fibro.

This is my thread on PN detailing my experience with it.
http://neurotalk.psychcentral.com/sh...ghlight=ribose

It is a slow acting supplement, but the gains do come.
this link goes into more detail:
http://hubpages.com/hub/d-ribose
Quote:
A recent study shows that d-ribose powder may also be helpful in recovery promotion in those with illnesses characterized by the ATP depletion (for instance, fibromyalgia and Huntington’s disease). It is assumed that the effectiveness of this substance may be due to the fact that it is a small molecule and easily crosses the blood brain barrier.
Ribose is a 5 carbon sugar (unlike glucose) and does not raise blood sugars when used moderately. It comprises the substance adenosine, which improves sleep, and energy production. I think it is worth looking into for fibro patients.

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.

Last edited by mrsD; 09-17-2010 at 07:01 AM. Reason: fixing spelling
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Doody (09-17-2010)