View Single Post
Old 09-16-2010, 07:42 AM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wink

I started the ribose at 2.5 grams at night. Worked up to 5 grams, and now take 5grams and 7.5 alternately. The powder comes with a little measured scoop.

What is intriguing with it, is its dual action inside the cells in the mitochondria and outside the cell to signal sleep induction and also moderation and balance of neurotransmitters on their receptors.

Drugs like Savella, Strattera (for ADHD), Cymbalta, etc all affect neurotransmitters and how they work, and eventually lead to all sorts of unpleasant actions. This is because we are all different in this chemistry, and the drugs don't care about our uniqueness. These 3 affect norepi levels.

Savella has high norepi effects...and these can be unpleasant, raise blood pressure, cause insomnia, and/or anxiety. Lots of sweating..

IMO the drugs out there today, are problematic for many patients. More problematic than useful.

What is nice about the ribose is that is slow, no side effects to speak of (some sleepiness in the beginning, but just take it at night). It seems to provide more restful sleep, and gives you some stamina for the daytime without jitteriness. It is not exactly cheap, however, but when used at the 5gram amount it will last about 45 days (240gram tub) for about $28.

Now that I have been doing it daily for several months, I can see a big difference if I skip a day or forget to use it. It is a very slow supplement to get going, but I am pleased with the results.

I have gathered many useful links on that thread, so please do check them out.

Be patient, Rrae! Takes about a month for stamina to kick in.
But the improved nighttime sleeping comes first. So take it at night.

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Doody (09-17-2010), Rrae (09-16-2010)