View Single Post
Old 09-16-2010, 08:39 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

@mark

i'm still re-learning how to walk straight (and at a normal pace), but i can ride a bike straight and do some of the tricky yoga positions without a problem (for the last year i've been off my bike, and it's been longer than that since i've done yoga, so i don't have to un-learn any coping techniques that i've adopted over the last year). for now, my walking pace is about one-half of normal; an improvement over one-third of normal.

my full neuro-psych evaluation just came in, and ranges from low-average (processing speed) to superior (verbal comprehension). overall i still feel "foggy" and slow, perhaps with most difficulties around memory. of course there's no pre-injury baseline, so my estimate of pre-injury abilities is just as useless as the NP's.

edit: over the last few months i've been more coherent, less foggy, etc... but still not quite right. pre-injury i was working as a well-paid computer geek, and i'm concerned about whether i'll be able to get myself back up to speed and stay there.

i'd like to think that conscious and unconscious compensation for balance has been contributing to my brain-drain, and as my balance system gets back on track the rest of my brain will follow.
imnotcrazy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote